The CYAC exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more collaborative model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing 215 forensic interviews, 13 medical exams, and therapy to 38 children in our community.
Who we serve
- 100% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 57% of cases reported were sexual abuse.
How many served
- The CYAC served 215 children in 2015.
- The CYAC is seeing 55% more cases than in 2009. Because our model works, more children are coming to our CAC.
What we provided
- 215 forensic interviews
- 38 children received therapy sessions
- 13 children received medical exams
What caregivers are saying
- 91% agreed that their child felt safe at the CYAC.
- 98% said if they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about the CYAC.
How this benefits our community
- The CYAC’s model saved taxpayers in our community $225,105 in investigative expenses this year.
- If the CYAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime cost of abuse for the children we served last year would have been $31,081,776.
Help us help children heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.
DONATE TO THE CYAC